EONS Advocacy Working Group
The EONS Advocacy Working Group commits to pursuing activities that contribute towards the achievement of the EONS Strategic Goals as outlined in the 2018 to 2023 Strategy.
- By the end of 2020, the working group (WG) will have explored and described cancer nursing education and how it is regulated for all EONS member countries. As a parallel process EONS will explore how a Cancer Nursing Education Framework can be “translated” in the Common Training Framework
- By the end of 2020, the WG will be trained and experienced advocates and all should have had online or face-to-face training
- By 2023, the EONS Cancer Nursing Education Framework will be implemented in minimum 10 EU member states – to get the status of a Common Training Framework in EU
- Collect, analyze and present data from across Europe (in line with the RECaN project) on patient and occupational safety
- Raise awareness on the importance of cancer nurses working conditions and the impact on occupational and patient safety
- Collaborative objective: The ECND will be embedded in Cancer Nursing Culture by 2020
- Advocate for Cancer Nurses and Cancer Nurses at the EU Parliament
- Identify and collaborate with the EU Committees that deal with issues of concern to EONS, cancer nurses and people with cancer
- Develop and maintain relationships with Health Commissioners (and their staff).
- Collect information related to oncology policy/legislation and cancer nursing
- Establish collaborative relationships with other stakeholders (ESMO, ECCO, ECPC, ESNO, WHO, ISNCC, national societies etc.)
- Support the Young Cancer Nurses (YCN) Group