The European College of Cancer Nursing
The European College of Cancer Nursing (ECCN) offers exciting and innovative structured nursing educational pathways which span from early nursing careers through to taking on strong leadership and research responsibilities.
The ECCN offers a collegiate environment promoting and providing cancer education, professional development and networking opportunities for all nurses working with cancer patients and their families/carers across Europe to enhance care for people of all ages affected by cancer.
The diagram below shows how the ECCN connects to the EONS Strategy and Working Groups
Click on the square buttons below to visit the Working Group page of your choice…
What does the ECCN do?
- Develops, delivers and signposts education and professional development opportunities for nurses who care for people across the age spectrum affected by cancer at all levels of practice and stages of their careers aligned to the EONS Education Framework.
- Provides networking and mentorship opportunities for early career cancer nurses and the cancer nursing workforce across the career spectrum.
- Promotes and implements the EONS Education Framework for cancer nursing identifying career and education pathways for nurses at all levels of practice and career stages.
- Collaborates with other health professions and academic organisations across Europe to create inter-professional training opportunities aimed at strengthening oncology health systems.
Applications open for Early Career/Registration Level (Pilot) 1st August 2022:
Applications will be invited from Registered Nurses who are:
- new or inexperienced in caring for people affected by cancer
- are seeking to develop their fundamental knowledge about cancer and its treatment, and principles of cancer care
- supported by their employer/manager
This is an opportunity for up to 20 nurses to participate in a pilot of the Early Career/Registration level of the ECCN Career Pathway and to access e-learning modules aligned to the EONS Cancer Nursing Education Framework.
The ECCN has been developed with the ongoing support and collaboration of the European School of Oncology and ESCO – The College of the European School of Oncology.