EONS Communication Working Group
The EONS Communication Working Group commits to pursuing activities that contribute towards the achievement of the EONS Strategic Goals as outlined in the 2018 to 2023 Strategy.
- To encourage EONS members and all European cancer nurses to share knowledge and activities relating to aspects of communication to further best practice and to increase the awareness of cancer nurses’ role and significance of recognition
- To develop and provide EONS members with social media tools and enablers for increasing recognition, such as Social Media Guidelines and tools for establishing a National Cancer Nursing Society
- To assess annually the effectiveness of EONS communication input and success in different media channels
- To share and promote EONS education activities by providing expertise in communication to other working groups
- To participate on mutual projects aiming to develop cancer nursing education and competence development
- To be active in participating in planning and implementation of all advocacy and other relevant EONS, European and global campaigns
- To increase awareness of the benefits of belonging to the EONS cancer nurse community
- To respond to membership feedback, comments and suggestions on how collaboration can be enhanced through international collaboration
- To support and promote EONS’ research activities, such as surveys, and help in dissemination of the results to European cancer nurses
- To work closely in partnership with the Advocacy Working Group looking at how the cancer nurse voice is communicated at a strategic and policy level
- To participate in planning and implementation of media campaigns on healthy lifestyles and cancer prevention, such as 4th February Global Cancer Day.