EONS Safety Webinar 3: Patient Safety and Safety Culture in Cancer Care
Registration for the third webinar, on Safety Culture, on 23 August at 18:30 CET, is now open – Register Now
Content of the safety webinars
The education programme covers different aspects of patient and occupational safety in cancer care. Four webinars will cover the following content:
Webinar 1 Handling cancer drugs during pregnancy and breast feeding
Webinar 2 Personal Protection Equipment
Webinar 3 Safety Culture
Webinar 4 Effective communication, key to safe cancer care
Each webinar will include lectures by leading experts, discussions, Q and A and reflections from cancer nurses across Europe. The webinars will be sent live (but with lectures pre-recorded to allow for sub-titles in different languages). Registered students will have access to all content for six months after each live session. Documentation is provided (both regulatory documents, guidelines and published research) for each webinar. The webinars will be followed by an online test, based on both the webinars and provided literature for nurses requesting a certificate with recommended credits.
After completing this education, cancer nurses will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate safety principles related to administration of hazardous antineoplastic drugs
- Describe and demonstrate how to optimize both patient and occupational safety related to hazardous antineoplastic drugs
- The webinars are funded by EONS and without any involvement from the pharma industry or other commercial parties.
- David Schwappach, Switzerland, overview of the evidence on safety culture and speaking up!
- Wendy Oldenmenger, ReCan2 Safety culture in different European countries
- Eugenia Trigoso Arjona, Spain, Quality and patient safety: inseparable
- Matthew Fowler, EONS Board Member and Advocacy Working Group member
- Helena Ullgren, EONS Advocacy Working Group Co-Chair