* CANCELLED* – ESO-EONS Eastern European Masterclass – 21-25 May 2022
[21-25 May 2022, Warsaw, Poland]
Nursing faculty: Lena Sharp (Chair), Helena Ullgren (Co-chair), Celia Diez Rios, Matthew Fowler, Grazyna Suchodolska (local faculty)
Call for applications now closed. THIS MASTERCLASS HAS BEEN CANCELLED. APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED SHORTLY.
This Masterclass is run jointly with the European School of Oncology, ESO.
The Masterclass in Oncology Nursing programme is designed for Eastern European cancer nurses as a multi-professional joint event with on-site translation in Polish. The EE Masterclass features five intensive days of full immersion in up-to-date oncology and will create a collective spirit of teaching and learning to improving clinical skills and patient care. Sessions are specifically nursing-orientated, exploring specialist practice skills such as assessment and decision making, communication skills, complex symptom management, research in nursing, psycho-social consequences of cancer therapy. Other sessions will provide a forum for reviewing and understanding the growing evidence base for nursing interventions and reflect on participants’ role in clinical leadership. Patient cases will be presented and discussed to explore nursing practice focusing on special aspects of cancer care. In joint clinical sessions, nurses will, together with physicians, update their clinical knowledge about the latest issues for the management of various cancers, with an international faculty of experts. Special joint sessions will highlight and support the growing need for multiprofessionality in chosen topics. Practical training will be offered in smaller group sessions, case study sessions focusing on skills necessary for patient care management.
• Understand new developments in cancer prevention and oncology disease management
• Recognize and describe acute and late adverse effects of cancer and its treatment
• Identify complex patient needs across the cancer trajectory
• Demonstrate understanding of advanced communication skills in oncology nursing care
• Critically appraise the evidence for cancer symptom management and care interventions
• Reflect on theoretical underpinnings of decision making
• Describe different advanced cancer nursing roles
• Cancer care management, treatment options
• Effective symptom management and care interventions
• Understanding evidence based knowledge
• Newer areas of cancer nursing
• Improving patient experience and outcomes
THE MASTERCLASS IS:
• A 3.5 day residential educational event
• Full immersion
• Multi professional
• An international faculty of top experts delivering advanced concepts
- 5-10 years’ experience in cancer nursing