Cancer Nursing Fund
Strengthening Cancer Nurses to Improve Patient Care and Recovery
The Cancer Nursing Fund (CNF) was established on European Cancer Nursing Day 2020. The CNF is managed by the King Baudouin Foundation. The Fund is a unique opportunity to support the excellent work that cancer nurses do and advance the profession of cancer nursing in Europe. The CNF’s purpose is to ensure that all people affected by cancer benefit from high quality of care delivered by highly educated, well-informed and competent cancer nurses across the disease continuum. Donations to the CNF are made via the EONS website or the KBF website. The Fund supports activities in four areas: education, capacity building, research and innovation.
Your donation will help cancer nurses to:
- have more access to education to improve cancer care under the EONS Cancer Nursing Education Framework,
- sustain the development of research carried out by cancer nurses,
- enhance the capacity building of cancer nurses in Europe supporting participation in conferences, and
- support the development and dissemination of innovative methods of cancer care and cancer prevention.
At EONS, we thank you for making all this possible.
Cancer Nursing Fund offers 15 grants of up to EUR 500 for cancer nurses to attend the EONS15 conference
The Cancer Nursing Fund* is offering a bursary scheme for 15 cancer nurses to attend EONS15. Cancer nurses can apply for a grant of up to EUR 500 towards registration fee, travel and/or accommodation.
The EONS15 conference will take place in Paris, France, from Saturday 10 -Monday 12 September 2022, in partnership with the ESMO Congress (9-13 September). The theme of our conference is: ‘Quality cancer care: pathways to clinical excellence in cancer nursing’.
Applicants must meet the terms and conditions set out below, and write a motivation letter of 250-500 words explaining their motivation to attend EONS15 and how this will help you in your work. Please, make also clear in which country you work and the nature of your work as a cancer nurse.
Please send your application to email@example.com by 30 June, 2022.
Terms and conditions:
- Candidates must be nurses, working in cancer care in Europe.
- Only one application can be submitted. Participants already registered for the EONS15 Congress can apply for the EONS15 bursary scheme.
- The bursary will contribute towards your personal EONS15 registration fee, travel and/or accommodation.
- Registration to EONS15 is mandatory for being eligible.
- Successful applicants will be obliged to join a 30-minute meeting with EONS Board during EONS15 to talk about their experiences.
- Candidates should never have previously been awarded a grant by the CNF
- Successful applicants will be informed– by mid- July 2022 (so that they can proceed with their travel arrangements. Tickets and accommodation booking will be considered as proof of intention to travel.
- Successful applicants will need to submit to EONS all relevant receipts for reimbursement up to Eur 500 and in accordance with EONS Travel Policy (i.e. travel and hotel accommodation receipts and proof of registration).
- Make sure you provide a valid email address in your application as this will be used to inform you about the status of your application and instructions for reimbursement. By submitting your application, you consent to this data being used for the administration of the EONS15 bursary scheme and to verify the status of your registration to EONS15. Data will be retained for reporting and accounting purposes.
- Deadline for applications: 30 June 2022 at 08:00 CET. Applications outside this date or uncompleted forms will not be eligible.
- By sending us your application, you accept the terms and conditions above.
Digital launch of the Cancer Nursing Fund
The digital launch of the Cancer Nursing Fund (CNF) took place on 1 February at 11am CET. This prestigious event, entitled ‘Cancer Nursing Fund – Strengthening Cancer Nurses to Improve Patient Care and Recovery’ was organised under the high patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Astrid, Belgium.
View the video of the launch below:
About EONS and CNF
The European Oncology Society (EONS) is an umbrella organisation providing leadership in all areas of cancer nursing, research, practice, continuing education, communications and advocacy for better recognition of cancer nursing across Europe. Our mission is to ensure that all people affected by cancer benefit from the care of highly educated, well-informed and competent cancer nurses. EONS has members in 31 countries across Europe. The core strength of EONS comes from our members. We recognise the diverse aspects of nursing across Europe and strive for equality for all cancer nurses regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation or disability. The improvement of patient safety and better clinical outcomes for cancer patients and their families is central to our work. The society firmly believes in working in partnerships across sectors and professions who share our goals and values. The Cancer Nursing Fund (CNF) was established by EONS in 2020 as an independent entity. It is part of the King Baudouin Foundation (KBF) and is overseen by a Steering Committee formed by members of EONS and KBF.
About the King Baudouin Foundation
The King Baudouin Foundation’s mission is to contribute to a better society in Belgium, in Europe and in the world. It is an actor for change and innovation, serving the public interest and increasing social cohesion. It seeks to maximise its impact by improving skills in organisations and for individuals. It also stimulates effective philanthropy by individuals and corporations. The King Baudouin Foundation was set up in 1976, on the 25th anniversary of King Baudouin’s reign.
Donation by bank transfer:
IBAN: BE10 0000 000 0404
BIC: BPOTBEB1 – Banque de La Poste, Rue des colonies (P28), 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Ref. Nr. : 200860 – Cancer Nursing Fund
Or, donate directly via KBF website:
For information on how to apply for these funds for your own projects or conference attendance, please contact Irena Rollo at firstname.lastname@example.org